Crypto Trading Pairs – What Are They? How Do You Use Them?
Cryptocurrency trading pairs are a simple way of comparing the cost of particular crypto with another.
Cryptocurrency Trading Pairs Explained
In crypto trading, the term “trading pairs” refers to trade between one coin to another. For instance, the “trading pair” ETH/BTC implies that you can obtain Bitcoin using Ethereum or sell Ethereum for Bitcoin.
Crypto trading pairs enable crypto traders to trade cash for cryptocurrency and trade cryptocurrency for cryptocurrency on a “coin to coin” exchange. The perks of crypto to crypto exchange are numerous so are the downsides.
Unlike fiat currencies, which are quite stable, cryptocurrencies are very volatile. Therefore, when exchanging two cryptos, you have to consider the two assets’ prices and the possibility of gaining or losing value based on the market conditions.
For instance, you’re exchanging $ 100 worth of ETH and $ 100 worth of BTC, and then ETH drops in value by a dollar and BTC increases in value $ 1, you will go at a loss if you trade ETH for BTC. However, there is a possibility of profiting if you trade BTC for ETH.
The coin price movements mean that you can either make a profit or loss when exchanging cryptos for cryptos.
In the crypto market, trading pairs are ideal for comparing a particular cryptocurrency value with the other. In most instances, BTC is used to compare the value of other cryptos as it’s the standard measure of value in the crypto space. The valuation of a particular cryptocurrency also involves statistical experiments (correlation function of statistics) and analytical results analysis.
Crypto trading pairs function to establish the value of an asset when it’s traded for another asset.
Benefits of Crypto Pair Trading
Pair trading in cryptocurrency comes with numerous benefits for both the crypto market and the traders. Here are the benefits of crypto pair trading.
- Better Trading Opportunities– Pair trading in cryptocurrency offers better trading opportunities. The value of crypto tokens varies depending on the country. For instance, while BTC is quite valuable in America and Europe, it comes fifth in China, with EOS being the most beneficial. Therefore, cryptocurrency pair trading enables traders to exchange value based on their locality.
- Maintains Market Balance– Pair trading in cryptocurrency maintains market balance, which is crucial for overcoming downside risk. Pair trading enables crypto investors to exploit other means or strategies of generating profits in the crypto space. Pair trading is also a market-neutral trading scheme with minimal investment risks.
- Develops the Crypto Market– Cryptocurrency pair trading goes to greater lengths in designing the crypto market. This type of trading enhances the value of the cryptocurrency market and attracts potential investors. As a result, the value of “unknown” tokens grows as traders exchange them with more valuable coins such as BTC.
Risks Associated with Cryptocurrency Trading Pairs
Like any form of financial pair trading, crypto pair trading carries significant risk, which could easily compromise one’s investments. Some of the dangers of pair trading include:
- Unstable Price Movements- As mentioned earlier, crypto pair trading carries significant risks due to digital assets’ volatile nature. Pair trading is also dependent on some theoretical aspects such as probability, correlations, and statistics. An unstable price movement occurs when there is a breakdown in the correlation between a pair of cryptocurrencies. Also, the pairs’ price depends on the market and changes rapidly based on various factors.
- Long-Term Investment- Crypto pair trading is a long-term investment, meaning traders need to hold their crypto assets for a longer time to make substantial profits. Few traders can manage to keep their trades for a longer time. Besides, there are significant challenges and risk factors in storing crypto assets.
Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Trading Pairs
Cryptocurrency trading involves technical and fundamental analysis. While these analyses are crucial for entering the crypto market, choosing the best crypto trading pair is necessary for making lucrative profits. If you select the wrong pair, you can easily make losses or generate insignificant profits.
To choose an ideal cryptocurrency trading pair, you first need to determine the pairs’ popularity on crypto exchanges. Popular crypto trading pairs are BTC/ETH, BTC/LTC, USDT/BTC, and ETH/LTC.
Usually, the popularity of cryptocurrencies on exchanges is driven by demand. High global demand for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin explains why the coins are popular on most exchanges.
After establishing popular coins, you’ll need to establish their trading volume and check their connection with other assets. Avoid trading pairs with little trading volume as there would be an insignificant market movement hence little or no profits.
Helpful? Useful? Enlightening?
Please consider making a small donation to CoinTutor.org. Any little bit helps the articles keep coming and the forums running. Pick a coin below, donate, and Thank You!
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Ethereum
Donate Tether to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Tether
Donate Cardano to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Cardano
Donate Xrp to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Xrp
Donate Polkadot to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Polkadot
Donate Litecoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Litecoin
Donate Dogecoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Dogecoin
Donate Usdcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Usdcoin
Donate Monero to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Monero